Monday, January 24, 2011

Menu Plan For The Week


Sunday 23
Yogurt and Fresh Fruit
Fish, Leftover Mashed Potatoes, and a Pasta Side


Monday 24
Steal Cut Oats with Blueberries
Tuesday 25
Eggs and Toast
Corn Dog Casserole


Wednesday 26
Whole Wheat Waffles with fresh fruit
White Chicken Chili (I am using the leftover chicken from Monday night.)


Thursday 27
Soaked Blueberry Oatmeal with fresh oranges
Sweet and Sour Chicken over brown rice (I am using the leftover chicken from Monday night.)



Friday 28
Pizza Night


Saturday 29
Dunkin donuts
Supper at Grandma and Papa's house



I wanted to let you know one of my secrets to stretching my food budget. When I buy chicken, it is a whole chicken from Whole Foods. It costs between eight and nine dollars. It is a higher price, but I am getting four meals out of it. The first meal is the roasted chicken, second is the white chicken chili, third is the sweet and sour chicken, then I make bone broth from the chicken bones. With one batch of my homemade bone broth I can make two soup recipes.

No comments: