Thursday, February 3, 2011

Banana's We Need To Be More Like Them?

I can't remember when I first heard this, but yesterday I came across it again and wanted to share it with my readers. And I was planning on talking about banana's in my next post so the timing is just perfect.

As women we need to be more like banana's, you say what! Let me tell you why.

They start out green and not very good.

They turn a bright yellow and are so yummy to eat.

Then they start to go brown, mussy and things go south on them

But the banana has become sweeter and we can more things with it now.

We can make banana bread. banana cake, banana pancakes........

Banana's just get better with time.

It is so true in a woman's life also. We start out green not know much and having to mature and learn how to do things. Then we learn and we think we are doing great in life, but it is not till we are old with brown spots and things have gone south on us that we have learn how to be true blessing to others. I pray that we learn how to give at the Yellow stage of the banana and not wait till we are brown.

The Titus 2 woman is the sweet, giving, compassionate, loving, teaching, and always ready to help.

Titus 2:4-5 Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to self controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.




I want to share a neat treat with you that I have learned to do with my bananas when they go brown. I use to just throw them into the freezer peel and all. then when I wanted to make something I would have to pull them out and let them thaw and then have the yucky job of peeling them. Very cold hands!!!

Now I peel them before I freeze them. I place them on a plate and put them into the freezer and let them freeze overnight. In the morning I place them in a Ziploc bag to keep in the freezer. Some much easier then the old way.



No comments: