Monday, October 17, 2011

Trixie






The Quick Back Ground Story


Two months back we had to put our last dog Chelsea down. It was a very hard day for our us since two months before that we had to put down Cody. So in four months we lost both of our dogs. It was alot harder than I thought it was going to be for me. I was the one at the vet's holding both of them when it happened.


We knew we didn't want to be a dog less family for to long so we started our screach for our new puppy. It only took two weeks to find and go meet / pick up Trixie. She is a pure Black Lab! She has the most energy for a puppy I have ever seen.



Now To This Past Weekend


Saturday morning I was getting ready to go out and do some errands but before I left I wanted to be nice to Justin so I went to take Trixie outside. We were outside for about one minute when she got under my foot and tripped me. I fell on her and broke her front left leg in three different spots. As soon as I got off her I knew that we were in trouble. I ran back up stairs to get Justin. We were off the vet's in no time flat. When we got there they took x-rays and that is when we found out about the three breaks. I lost it and just started crying. All I saw was alot of money sings. We can afford this I said to myself.



The vet came into talk to us and told us we had two options. We could do surgery that would cost around two to four thousand dollars or we could cast the leg for three hundred and ten dollars, but wait. With the casting you have to change the cast every two weeks. So it could be only three casts or as many as six castes. That would add up to almost two thousand dollars.



I didn't know what to think I didn't know what we were going to do. I didn''t want to put Trixie down and loss another dog but I didn't see any other option. We decided to leave at the vet tell Monday so we could think about what we were going to do.



When I got home I called my good friend who knows alot about dogs and alot of vets. She emailed her vet and got an email back right away. Her vet was only going to charge five hundred dollars for the surgery. Praise God!!!! We can afford to save Trixie now!!! On Monday I called her vet and told them all that had happened and asked if they could do the surgery today, they said yes. Once I got both Kenzie and Brandon on the bus I drove to my vet to get Trixie then drove an hour to get to the new vets office. Once I got there they took me and Trixie back looked her over and said come back in an hour and a half and the surgery will be all done. I could not believe just how well the morning was going and the best part had not even come yet. When I went to pay they said $205.25 please. I was caught of guard by that amount I said them to say it again. And again she said $205.25. The Lord just blessed us even more. So this whole broken leg of Trixie's only cast us $485.25 PRAISE THE LORD!!!!

No comments: