Monday, January 24, 2011

Verse's For The Week to Meditate On

Do you have verses that you choose at the first of the week to meditate on for the rest of the week? This is something that is new for me, but I am very excited to start. I heard this idea from a wonderful Titus 2 woman at my church.

When I picked the verses for this week, I had in mind ones that would help me as a mommy and wife, but most of all one's that I would be able to teach to my two kids. Yes, every verse in the Bible you can and should teach to your children, but the one's I picked are on their level and easy for them to learn and act out in their every day lives.

I have a very strong conviction that as a Christian Mommy I am commanded to teach my two children the truth of the Bible.

Deuteronomy 6:6-9 " These commandments that I give you today are to be upon you hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you are walking along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and your gates."

This is one tool that I believe all Christian mommies can use.


Proverbs 15:1
" A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
Ephesians 4:32
" Be kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you."
Matthew 7:12
"So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets"

1 comment:

Katie Beth said...

I just found one for next week. Job 31.4 Does He not see my ways, and count all my steps. (nkjv) That's one we all should note. Great idea, Kristen. You are being so intentional. Hope you are keeping a master list. I want one. :)